Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Favorites

Kung Hei Fat Choi to all of you!

Time flies!  

January went by just like that. So, before everyone starts posting their Valentine's Day looks, I'd like to share with you my faves for January.  

I found myself reaching for these daily and thought I could do a mini review for each as we go along and start a monthly post on products that I loved and/or hated (eureka moment!) for each month.


1.  Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh

I'm big on perfume. 

Like, seriously.  Any woman over the age of 18 should own at least a bottle or two of fragrance.

Thanks to my mother who taught me the importance of smelling fabulous, I tend to splurge on fragrance more than anything.  

And Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs is one of my absolute faves.  My Dad got me this one last year and I use it almost every day.  I love the floral-fruity top notes of Grapefruit, Raspberry, and Pear, combined with the glorious combination of Jasmine, Rose, and Apple blossom, and the lingering notes of musk, plum and cedar as it wears down.  

So feminine.  So flirty.  Brings out the girly girl in all of us.

2.  Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains

The cheaper version of the Clinique Chubby Sticks.  

On colder months like December and January, my lips tend to dry out a bit.  

Aside from leaving the house with wet hair, I find chapped, dry lips a social suicide.  There is absolutely no excuse for it.  So when my lips are drier than usual, I go for something light and soothing like Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains.  (Whew!  That's a mouthful!)

Many have gone bonkers for this product and I am in on the hype.

These are minty and nice and very light.  They will leave your lips full and plump, you will feel like puckering up all the time.  Very pigmented too.  It's like Chapstick but with tons of colour!  At around P500 each, the price is unbeatable. 

3.  Revlon Colorstay Concealer

I use this as an under eye concealer.  Quite expensive though at P600.00 a pop.  But I find that this shade (Light) suits me better than my other Holy Grail of under eye concealers, which is Collection 2000's Concealer in Medium.  

Stays put even after more than 6 hours.  

Try not to put too much or you'll end up with a runny under eye.

4.  Revlon BB Cream 

Has anyone noticed how the weather has gotten extra cold this year?

My skin has and it has been flaking really bad since December.  

I had my doubts on this at first because my past BB Creams left me oilier than ever.  But when the nice SA at Revlon showed me that this is not the case for Revlon's, I went right ahead and bought it.

I use this alone or as a foundation base.  I am a NC25 and I got the Light Medium shade.  

Watch out for my full review on this soon.

5.  Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush

I saw this from a seller on Instagram and was enamoured by the tiny embossed hearts.  Unfortunately, we don't have Physicians Formula here in the Philippines and very few makeup re-sellers carry this.  

Again, back to the hearts and the packaging...It's so MAC but not quite.  

Once applied, you will notice that it gives off a scent reminiscent of Violets.  According to the Physicians Formula website, it contains "Euphoryl, happy plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress."

I have no idea what "environmental stress" is but one thing's for sure, I love this blush!  It's soft, pigmented and you can swirl your brush to get a unique combination of colours every time.

Best of all, it's hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic (won't cause break outs), paraben-free (all-natural), and dermatologist approved.

I got the shade Warm.  

For more info on this blush, check out Physician's Formula.

6.  Real Techniques Blush Brush

Make the most out of your blush with this awesome brush from Samantha Chapman.  

It's worth every buck.  

I use this to apply my MAC Sheertone blushes, which are, like the name says, sheer but very buildable without looking like you got tons of blush.  

Like all RT brushes, it comes with a sturdy handle and the ferrule is fused into the brush handle so the brush is one entire magic wand.  The ends are rubberised and can stand on its own on your vanity without falling over unlike other brushes that are rounded on the end.

7.  Giga Bath Botanics Aromatherapy Bath Bar in Peppermint

Gosh!  

This is like my Holy Grail of soaps--handcrafted, all-natural, Philippine-made.  

This surely beats the high end ones at Beauty Bar.  

It is very moisturising and the Peppermint will leave your skin with a bit of nice, refreshing zing.  It also has oatmeal which exfoliates and leaves your skin moisturised.  

Dirt cheap at P70.00 a pop.  

You can buy this at Sesou in Trinoma or Giga in Robinson's Magnolia.  

I would love to hear your thoughts on these products.

Stay pretty!




3 comments:

  1. OMG Panyera!!! i wanted to cartwheel when I saw your comment on my blog!! Finally blogger/lawyer din who loves makeup!!! Hello!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sis! I have been following you since forever!!! Nung wala ka pang sailing domain name, follower mo na ako! I had an old blog dati that I had to discontinue, so I am following you with my new one. Godwilling, ma-meet kita one day.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete