Saturday, February 1, 2014

Revlon Photoready BB Cream: Finally! My BB Cream Match

I have never been a fan of BB Creams.  

Four years ago, when everyone was going gaga over Korean BB Creams, I jumped in the bandwagon and did my own hunt for the perfect BB Cream.  I thought BB Creams were the answer to my dilemma--I had problem skin but I wanted the look and coverage of a foundation.

Unfortunately, the trail went cold because none of the BB Creams I tried (trust me when I say I tried a lot!) worked for me.  Some turned grey the moment I applied it on my skin, while others left my skin greasy.  

I just could not find my BB Cream match.

Last year, I noticed that I had less breakouts but my skin was drier than usual.  I stopped using my powder foundations for a while because my skin was too flaky and powder only highlighted that.  So I opted to max out on my liquid foundations.  But the cold weather proved too strong for my dry skin.  Not even my liquid foundations could cover up the dryness underneath.

I was at Watson's when I saw the Revlon booth and decided to check it.  The SA noticed that I was not wearing makeup and I told her I was "taking care" of my dry skin and wearing makeup would only aggravate the situation.  She suggested I try Revlon's Photoready BB Cream.  I didn't want to let her down, so I let her do her magic on me.



At first, I was not sold on the idea.  I was afraid of spending good, hard-earned money on something that I knew at the back of my head, would not work for me.  So, I told the SA that I will have to think about it first.  I wanted to walk around the mall first and check if it would turn grey on me.  I have acidic skin, by the way.  Hence, the need to let the BB Cream steep.

So, I went out and walked and shopped and noticed that Revlon's BB Cream has not budged a wee bit on me.  My face did not look grey.  It was dewy and soft.  The dry feeling was gone.  I knew that this was the one for me.

I have been using it since--sometimes, as a base for my foundation, and most often, by itself.  I like to finish it off with Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Buff, and dot my cheeks with Etude House's Lip and Cheek Tint.  


Pros

Very moisturising, but works great for any skin type
Has SPF 30
Light and non-greasy
Great base for both liquid and powder foundation

Cons

Almost the same price as a full coverage foundation
Limited shades available for the Pinay skin tone

Verdict

8 out of 10.  Will definitely re-purchase this one.

This is me wearing my Revlon Photoready BB Cream.  I used BN Luxury Powder (Buff) to set.



Products Used:

Revlon Photoready BB Cream
Revlon Concealer
Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Buff
The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer as e/s
Maybelline gel liner in Black
Maybelline Lash Blast mascara
MAC Pink Swoon for my cheeks
NYX Xtreme Lip Creme in Bonfire
Smashbox Eyebrow Kit

I want to know your BB Cream/CC Cream story.  Please, do share!

Stay pretty!




2 comments: