Thursday, January 2, 2014

Naturactor Cover Face Concealer Review

have problematic skin.  

Though I have managed to keep my acne at bay, there are days when they are just out of control and leave me looking like this:


Bad, right?

My dermatologist would tell me to stay away from makeup when I get severe breakouts like what I am having now.  But I feel like that's just like giving up.  And I feel worse without makeup.

I find that people with problematic skin like me recommend using BB creams to replace foundations during trying times like this.   But, for some reason, BB creams never worked for me.  Either they leave my skin oiler or gray.  Hence, I tend to avoid the BB Cream aisle. 

Just recently, I discovered Naturactor, a Japanese cosmetics company that manufactures the much-raved line of foundations and concealers used by celebrities.   

With daily client meetings and court appearances, I do not want to risk my reputation by looking so tired and acne-infested without makeup.

After reading the reviews about Naturactor by ecstatic beauty addicts like me and seeing photos of celebrities like Heart Evangelista and  who swear by the wonders of Naturactor, I went ahead and bought my first Naturactor Cover Face Concealer in Shade No. 140 from a seller over at Instagram.



Why are we crazy about this concealer?

I cannot stop using this stuff.  It's gentle enough to be used everyday-- whether you are having a good skin day or a bad one-- this concealer will do the trick.

The Naturactor Cover Face Concealer is formulated with Jojoba Oil, Mica, and Tocopherol (Vitamin E) that leave your skin looking better after every use.  This concealer does not clog my pores or feel heavy.  It does not contribute to more breakouts.  I find that this even dries out the new zits faster.  

I have to be honest though that at first, I was not used to the formulation.  It was a bit sheer for me and did not quite give me the coverage I needed.  I got disappointed there for a while, until a friend told me that she dabs Shade No. 171 first to even out the redness and blends in her Shade No. 140.  I was convinced and bought my own shade no. 171.


Naturactor Concealer Shade No. 171 is a concealer/corrector.  The greenish tint evens out the redness of acne, rosacea, broken blood vessels, and other skin problems.  In my case, it acts as a camouflage against the red tinge left by acne.

TIP:  If you use it alone without the normal concealer shades and blend with your foundation, you might end up with grayish spotty face.

So, here's how I use my Naturactor Cover Face Concealers: 




Steps 1 and 2:  Cleanse, tone, and moisturize.

Step 3:  Dab Shade No. 171 on the acne marks you want to conceal.  Dab with a light hand.  I use a concealer brush for this.

Step 4:  Using the same concealer brush,  blend out Shade No. 171.

Step 5:  Top Shade No. 171 with your your normal concealer shade (Shade No. 140 in this case).

Step 6:  Blend in to blur out harsh lines.

Step 7:  Apply your favorite foundation.  I use NYX Stay Matte Not Flat with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

Step 8:  Blend in foundation.  Be careful not to lose your concealer in the process.

Step 9:  Smile!  Life is too short not to. 

With the right kind of concealer, ladies like me who suffer from bad acne breakouts can still go out there and look radiant.  This is my FOTD using the Naturactor Concealer:


Face
Naturactor Concealer in Shade Nos. 140 and 171
Collection 2000 concealer in Light for under eye area
Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Buff to set under eye concealer
NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation in No. 3
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural

Eyes
UDPP
NYX Runway Palette in Champagne and Caviar
Maybelline Crayonbrow in Brown
Maybelline Megalast Mascara

Lips
NYX Lipstick in Tea Rose applied with a light hand

Stay pretty, ladies! 

1 comment:

  1. It looks good on you. Here's my take on the most coveted Naturactor http://opinyonadasig.blogspot.com/2014/07/photoshop-in-pot-naturactor-cover-face.html

    ReplyDelete